How can I add a midterm grade?
You can add columns to Grades manually to add grades for classroom activities such as midterms or quizzes. To add a new column (grade item),you may follow these steps:
- At the course page, click "Grades" option from the Course Administration.
- Click "Categories and Items" link under "Setup" block.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add grade item" button. The New grade item page will open.
- Enter an "Item name" (for example: Midterm 1).
- Enter the "Maximum grade" value for this grade. Maximum grade depends on the aggregation method. For more information about aggregation methods please visit: https://odtuclass.metu.edu.tr/mod/glossary/view.php?id=1&mode=cat
- Click "Save changes" button.
After adding a new grade item, you can follow these steps to manually enter grades:
- Click "View" tab to return to "Grader Report" where you will find the list of enrolled students.
- Click "Turn editing on" button. Grade cells will change to entry fields.
- Enter the grades to the fields.
- When you finish entering grades, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" button. Otherwise, all the grades you entered will disappear.